Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Remove a dimension accordingly to a selection

Hi all,

Is it possible to remove/change a dimension in correspondence with a selection?

for example, there are 3 types of data, A, B and C.

I want to lay data B out differently than A and C.

So if you were to select A or C- the dimensions of the table box would be Meter, Date and Time
whereas selecting B the dimensions would be Meter, Date, Total

Thanks in advance,
McKay99

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can use calculated dimensions. Use such a dimension to check on the selection of the type and change things accordingly.

In your case you only need a calculated dimension for the third dimension and make it switch between Time and Total.

A very simple solution:

=if(type = 'A' or type ='C',Time, Total) --> show the value in field Time or field Total depending on the Type selection

and for the title of the dimension:

=if(type = 'A' or type ='C','Time', 'Total') --> show text 'Time' or text 'Total' depending on the Type selection

Hope this answers your question

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply, it's quite helpful, although I was incorrect in saying that Total was a dimension, it is in fact an expression.

Is it still possible to do this or should I try to change the expression into a dimension?

Not applicable
Author

sorry for this but what do you mean the title of the dimension? I've added my calculated dimension but I don't understand what you mean by title. Are you talking about the label name?

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I mean the label. Sorry for the confusion.