Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove table from memory without refresh

Is it possible to remove a table from memory without modifying the load script & refreshing data? The reason I ask is that the application is loaded in laptop memory, however one huge table is causing memory issues & no data shows up. I want to remove this big table so that the rest of the application works. I am on the road & do not have the connectivity to the database & hence modify script / refresh data is not an option.

Any help?

Thanks,

Dinesh.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Can you modify the script and do a Partial Reload? If you add the following to your script:

REPLACE DROP TABLE BigTable;

Make sure that is the only command with the REPLACE prefix. Then do a Partial Reload. On a Partial Reload, only commands with the REPLACE prefix will run. I did some testing on the app I'm working on and it seemed to work fine. I would make a duplicate copy of the file before you try it, just in case.

Another option is Reduce Data, but I don't know if it would be possible to get rid of just one table using that method.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can you modify the script and do a Partial Reload? If you add the following to your script:

REPLACE DROP TABLE BigTable;

Make sure that is the only command with the REPLACE prefix. Then do a Partial Reload. On a Partial Reload, only commands with the REPLACE prefix will run. I did some testing on the app I'm working on and it seemed to work fine. I would make a duplicate copy of the file before you try it, just in case.

Another option is Reduce Data, but I don't know if it would be possible to get rid of just one table using that method.

rlp
Creator
Creator

Be careful:

You should write REPLACE ONLY so that the table will not be dropped during standard load...