Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export Structure

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how I can export automatically the structure of a document instead of clicking on the 'Export Structure' button in Table Viewer?

I find the '*.Fields.tab' and '*.Mappings.tab' files interesting but I don't want to generate them manually...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kai

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

you can create (and reuse) a xml-file with: file --> export --> export document layout ==> "myapp.Layout.xml"

HtH, Roland

Not applicable
Author

Hello Roland,

Thank you very much for your message. However, I don't think I have got this 'export document layout' option.

I am thinking of creating a batch file that opens all of the documents and generates 'filename.Fields.tab' but I have no idea how to make it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I'm looking for the same thing (and not doing it manually)

I would like the contents from "export document layout" generated automatically, maybe when loading the script. Doing it manually works, but if this could somehow be included in script/macro, even better.

marcelo_7
Creator
Creator

You have to make modifications like a loop for all fields and add tablename-information etc. but this is probably what you're looking for.

rem Displays tags for the field
set fld=ActiveDocument.GetFieldDescription("Alpha")
fTags = fld.Tags
dim Tags
Tags=""
for i=lbound(fTags) to ubound(fTags)
Tags=Tags & " " & fTags(i)
next
msgbox(Tags)