Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Removing Sub total from pivot tables

Please can you assit. I am having trouble removing the Sub total from a simple Pivot table in QlikView.

The raw data consists of 7 columns, all are integers apart from the date.

The pivot table has the following fields:

Dimensions:

• '' (blank)
  • TD

Expressions:

• Number
  • CTM
  • Unmatched
  • New Acc
  • New Client

How can I remove the Sub Total (extra column on the end of the table)?

I have the following selected in the other tabs:

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Mary,

Actually one thing it might be worth trying and I could be wrong, is uncheck the 'always fully expanded' and then re-check to see if the dimensions have the 'show partial sums' checked. on either ='' or TD

View solution in original post

8 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Check if 'show partial sums' is selected when one of your dimensions is highlighted on the 'presentation' tab

I suspect that it must be, and simply unchecking the box should resolve the issue for you

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the quick reply Adam. None of them are selected

Do you know what else it could be?

sunny_talwar

Remove the check mark on 'Show Partial Sums' for TD and the other dimension to remove partial sums

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply Sunny, but I dont have "Show Partial Sums" selected for any of the Expressions/Dimensions

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

It isn't selected on either dimension on that tab? That is strange then!

However, have you tried saving, closing and re-opening the app? This might sound silly but there are some bugs in pivot tables in V12, although the bug I have is with them not showing up, rather than them showing up when not wanted.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hi Mary,

Actually one thing it might be worth trying and I could be wrong, is uncheck the 'always fully expanded' and then re-check to see if the dimensions have the 'show partial sums' checked. on either ='' or TD

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your quick reply Adam

I think it is sorted now, I unticked the "Indent Mode" and its vanished.

Thank you for your suggestions and tips

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

AH-ha yes that will do it as well! I am glad you have it sorted!

Do feel free to mark my answer as helpful and yours as correct if you like as it might help people in the future