Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II

Replacing QVW for QV Server does not implement changes

From time to time, we experience strange issue on QV Server, where developper replaces the QVW file on QlikView Server, however; the users using access point (over Web) do not see the change.

I would rather think it is due to the QlikView Server, loading the QVW on the memory, or possibly http session did not expire, and still accessing to the QVApp, stored on the server side, however; exact mechanism is not known.

Today it occurd again, where developer added additional selection, where it is not implemented on server (however seeing on server locally, it is implemented.)

I often get away this, by logging off, and logging in, and proceed to another tab, and return to the original tab. This somehow shake-up the QlikView, and it is implemented.

I would appreciate any input about what user/server administrators should do.

15 Replies
Not applicable

you don't need to replace you can schedule it in server and set a time and show the end users using below code when system have reloaded last time and when it's gonging to be reloaded next.

='Last Reload On - '& Reloadtime() & Chr(10) &

'Next Reload On - '& timestamp(Reloadtime()  +10/24/60)

can I know exactly if your talking about QVD "APPLICATION" why its get updated every day two times, Once the developer(s)

developed the MAKER qvd and APPLICATION qvd you just have to schedule it all process get automated

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

once u replace the qvw, please restart the QV services if u r manually replacing with a change. or if it is scheduled for the same then uncheck allow session recovery in QMC, for Qv server

Colin-Albert

Is a reload in progress on the QVW when the developers overwrite the file?

The reload will load the new data into a temporary copy of the file and then when the reload is complete, replace the original file with the newly updated version.

If your developer replaces the original file after the reload starts but before the reload completes, on completion of the reload, the server will replace the developer's updated file with the newly reloaded version based on the original file.

atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

• Would you possibly elaborate "you can schedule it in server and set a time"? Some job is scheduled?
  • The window of time is allocated window where we are able to implement change: a standard enterprise practice where we deploy production system at certain time, and users are all notified. So users are unable to access using access point during this time.
atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Dear Colin, I am quite honored from the famed expert.

The reload is all scheduled in the mid-night, so usually no reload takes place. During the replacement, nothing is taking place. But it is quite interesting to know about it.

atsushi_saijo
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for the fast response. The service restart requires quite approvals from infrastructure management in production environment 😉 But I will try testing it in test environment.