Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report splitting data incorrectly

Hi,

This is my 1st ever post on QlikView.

I have an outstanding support issue with a user, who has pointed out that a report is 'splitting data' incorrectly.

That is for instance, there is supposed to be one row, but there is two, or three or whatever.

I'll try and show with a table object:

Stock Keeping UnitProduct Name AProduct Name BValue
123456789Name of product AName of Product B£100

XA300000842

6Q P789-E ABC FORT NO BYPASS6Q With different description£400
XA3000008426Q P789-E ABC FORT NO BYPASS6Q With different description and some extra text£200
(more data is here)

So, in the situation above, the line with XA300000842 what is required is that, that is just one line, with a value of £600.Looking at the issue, I found that if I completely remove the 'Product Name B' column, then the lines are combined, so the fact that this is different between the two rows seems to be the issue.

Just wondered if there is a sensible way round the problem without removing the field? I've asked the user, but I expect them to say that removing it will not meet the requirement.

1 Reply
swuehl
MVP
MVP

The table will create a line for each unique combinations of dimension values, [Product Name B] being one of the dimensions.

So what you see is the default, expected behaviour. If you don't want to group by [Product Name B], remove the field from dimension list in your chart.

You can add the information by adding an expression

=Concat(DISTINCT [Product Name B], ', ' )