Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AleRods88
Contributor III
Contributor III

Report with List of Applications per User

Hello,

I need to create a report with a list of applications that each user has access to (not the apps he opened) in the QMC.

For example:

User 1: App 1, App 3

User 2: App 3, App 6

User 3: App 8

Is there any way to do that?

Thank you!

3 Replies
javiersassen
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

You can use the governance dashboard to do this

download link: https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/GovDashBoard/2.1.2/21200/_MSI/Governance%20Dashboard.qvw

or just go the the qlik download page: https://demo.qlik.com/download/ and select the governance dashboard.

AleRods88
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

In Governance I can see which application each user accessed, but I cannot see which ones they have access to and did not enter for example. I need a list that includes all the applications that a user has access to (whether they have accessed it or not). In the Governance it shows me the sessions per user on the accesses it had over time.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The thing you have to understand is depending upon the security mechanism you selected, determines how things are authorized, if the QVS is set to NTFS, Windows performs the authorization check to figure out which apps to display in the AccessPoint page view, and if DMS is set, then the QVS checks the .meta files to determine what files the user has access to.  You would have to use the QMS APIs to build this type of report, but you can check the code behind the QMC Users tab, as that will allow you to see all the apps to which a users has access user by user...  

If you are using NTFS security, I suspect PowerShell may potentially provide the better option to do something in that case and dump the info to a csv file or something you can then read into an app...  If DMS, you might be able to develop something that would scan the .meta files to check the list of users, cannot recall if that is readable or not though, much of that file is machine code.  Sorry I do not have a better avenue, but the Users tab via QMC is definitely a means to see how we pull the info and then see if you can figure out how to develop something off that would be the best way to go most likely.

Here is a link to the QMS APIs too:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/Content/QV_HelpSites/APIsAndSDKs.htm

Actually, that link is to all the SDKs and APIs for QlikView.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.