Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

I made a report but i am facing problem to include a table in it.

Its basically a table of comments with around 10000 rows

I want it in my report but when i put it in report(drag and drop), it doesnt work, I get a box with no text in it..

Please let me know the solution

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the Report Editor menu, select "Page, Add Multi Page" and then drop your object on the new Multi Page. A Multi Page will expand to use as many pages as necessary to display the rows in a table.

-Rob

View solution in original post

6 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In the Report Editor menu, select "Page, Add Multi Page" and then drop your object on the new Multi Page. A Multi Page will expand to use as many pages as necessary to display the rows in a table.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hey Rob,

It works

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

hey Rob,

i got another issue with it.

the list box (field) that i added contains around 50000 records.

so the report goes around 800+ pages, which ofcourse it not good.

Could u suggest any solution to this

thanks

vinay_hg
Creator III
Creator III

u can reduce the spacing of the rows to reduce some space, but there is no alter for this. actually i suggest not to use PDF reporting for such large data out put.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Vinay.

Its actually a table box so can i put condtion to display only top 10 or 15 records.

Let me know if that can be done

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please mark the answer as correct to resolve the first question.

As to the question about the 50k list box. My first response would be why include it in the report at all?

If you want to display it only when it is limited to certain amount of rows, use the Item Properties to set the show condition on the Layout tab for this object. Something like:

count(DISTINCT myfield)=100

This will affect how the listbox appears on the sheet as well, so you may want to create a separate copy of the listbox only for use in the Report.

-Rob