Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator

Resizing text / font size of Values on Data Points / Bar

Dear Members,

I am new to QV and stuck with something. I want to decrease font size of values/text displayed on Data Points.

I did some research and heard about <H1> to <H6> tags in text format expression but not sure how can I apply and try then in the expression.  Also tried options available Presentation , Style, Font and Legend setting etc. but doesn't seems to be decreasing size of data point values.

Here is the screenshot of the problem it causes in my case i.e. it overlaps with values on next bar:

temp9.jpg

Here is the expression that calcuates and shows up values on these data points: Num(Sum(TOTAL <MONTH> [TOV]/1000), '$#,##0.00K / ') & (Num(Sum(TOTAL <MONTH> [ESTIMATE HRS]/1000), '#,##0.0 Khrs'))

Though I can resize the chart but prefer decreasing size of values rather.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Gaurav

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi Gaurav,

Here is the snapshot what you need...

You can use the text format option in the expression.

text size.JPG

Attached the qvw for your reference also.

Regards,

Vivek

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Gaurav,

You could reduce the font size of the data points displayed in the chart using the Font tab itself. This would reduce the fonts of your data points as well as your axes fonts.

Please let me know if this solves your query.

Arun

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your reply but this doesn't solve overlap issue I described above. I already tried it. I have smallest font size (8) there and it doesn't reduce font size of data points values. It reduces for dimensions and legend.

Gaurav

tunoi
Creator
Creator

You can try to display the number vertically...

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Lonut I know that option/checkbox in Presentation tab but don't like it. I don't want to display them vertically it looks little ugly in my case

Not applicable

Hi Gaurav,

Here is the snapshot what you need...

You can use the text format option in the expression.

text size.JPG

Attached the qvw for your reference also.

Regards,

Vivek

khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, Vivek. It helps in achieving what i wanted. Appreciate your time and help with this!

Gaurav