Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Restore and minimize multiple objects on one click

I've 8 charts on one of my tab. Only one out of those 8 can stay maximized at one instance of time. For one of my chart I want an inline listbox on its right hand side. So, when I double click/ Restore this particular chart, inline listbox should pop up, and if I minimize/autominimize the chart inline listbox should hide or minimize. Is it possible using actions and triggers? or Macro?

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Not exactly. There is no even triggered when an object is Restored, Minimized or Maximized. Therefore, you can't use those actions to Restore, Minimize or Maximize another chart. If you want to create a button that Restores all the charts at once, then that would be an alternative.

If you search the forum for OnMinimize, you should find some other discussions on this topic and some ideas on how to handle it.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Look at this example made with actions and a variable to show and hide 2 graphs. You can also do the restore and minimize with actions, but I've found this solution easier to make and mantain.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the suggestion Karl. What I am looking for is something different then what you have demonstrated. I can't have that additional button to click on, like SHOW Hide button object at the bottom in your file.

For me, One chart should hide or restore based on another chart. For example, in your file if I minimize Ene 2009 chart by clicking minimize icon on top right of the chart, another chart on the right hand side should hide. And once ENE 2009 chart is minimized and I double click on it to restore, hidden chart should come back on its position on the right.

Basically it will be like, show and hide of one based on minimize and restore of another, without the help of button object.

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Like NMiller says, there is no good way to do this since minimizing and restoring a graph is not an event that can trigger an action or a macro.

The only thing I can think of is taking a button like the one in the application I uploaded and making it transparent and placing it over the minimize button of the graphs and the minimized icon of the graph. This will give the impression that you are using the minimize or opening the graph, but of course you are clicking on the invisible buttons to run actions. This is not pretty and you can't allow the user to move or maximize the graphs, but it is possible with a little work.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

This is what I did to make it work. For all of my charts that doesn't need inline object on right side, I used "OnActivate" event to "Minimize" the inline chart. For one particular chart that requires inline on side, I used "OnActivate" event to "Restore" the inline chart. I also tweaked some layout(Always Bottom) and set it minimize behind an object so it looks like inline object is hidden for rest of the charts. It might not look like a clean solution, but it worked.

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi nims1983,

Please can you share an example of this solution? I have same requirement and I can't get my head around this...

Many thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,

DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

Kindly refer this attached sample application.

it provides the information for what u r looking exactly.

Regards,

Sampath Kumar . G

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nims,

Think the following link may help you (did me)...

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/40274.aspx

instead of creating buttons, in the end I used an "Input box" for the user to select the report type. Based on selection, the relevant reports are displayed (the others hidden)..

Hope this helps?

Kind regards,

Rich

lorenwood
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks Sampath, your example really helped me alot with hiding multiple charts and using multiple buttons rather than the 0=False, 1=True Examples