swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator

Retrieving date field from ListBox Selection

Hey experts,

Retrieving date value selected from Listbox is easy , using 

DATE(GetFieldSelections(DATA_DATE))

How to get the previous Max value.

I have last business day of each month in a ListBox starting Jan 31-2020 .

Here are the values : 

31-Jan-2020
28-Feb-2020
31-Mar-2020
30-Apr-2020
29-May-2020
30-Jun-2020
31-Jul-2020
31-Aug-2020
30-Sep-2020
30-Oct-2020
30-Nov-2020
31-Dec-2020
29-Jan-2021
26-Feb-2021

Suppose user selects 30-Jun-2020 , I need Previous Max value 29-May-2020 in a variable.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

First, you don't need that structure to get the selected value - as long as a value has been selected, you can just use =DATA_DATE. If no value has been selected this won't work, but neither will your formula (you can't date() multiple values).

Second, I believe this should get you the last date that's smaller than the selected one, providing a selection has been made:

max({<DATA_DATE= {"<$(=[DATA_DATE])"} >} DATA_DATE)

Note that this assumes your values are already valid dates, as this won't work correctly on text strings.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

First, you don't need that structure to get the selected value - as long as a value has been selected, you can just use =DATA_DATE. If no value has been selected this won't work, but neither will your formula (you can't date() multiple values).

Second, I believe this should get you the last date that's smaller than the selected one, providing a selection has been made:

max({<DATA_DATE= {"<$(=[DATA_DATE])"} >} DATA_DATE)

Note that this assumes your values are already valid dates, as this won't work correctly on text strings.

swati_rastogi27
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks , that worked!