Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Reusability of Expression

Hi everyone:

Is there a way to re-use the expression defined in one chart in another chart. E.g. I have created a straight table, where I have made few calculations. The same expression I want in another chart. Is it doable. Can the expression be stored or made global to achieve. Basically if the formula changes in future you can change in one place and it will be automatically reflected in other place.

Appreciate a prompt response.

Thanks & Regards,

Bimala 

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Define your expression in a variable, and use that variable at as many places as you want to.

its_anandrjs

Yes you can store your expression in the variables and use this in n number of charts.

vSales = Sum(Sales)

Hope this helps

its_anandrjs

By pressing Ctrl + Alt + V go to variable window

vSales = Sum(Sales)

You can use this variable in any charts like $(vSales), =vSales

Hope this helps

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

CTRL + ALT + V.... Create variables for the Expressions you have to use more than once ....

I.e.

Variable Name

vTotalSales

Definition

SUM(Sales)

Now you can use the variable as $(vTotalSales)

mangalsk
Creator III
Creator III

Hello,

create variable and give expression as value to that variable.

Now you can use this variable wherever you need  that expression.

Regards

its_anandrjs

You can maintain any excel file for the expressions also and read from the file.

Hope this helps

arjunkrishnan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Create Variable For Expression Or Use Fast Change In Same Chart...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Go to variable overview (Ctrl+Alt +V) and create a variable holding your expression. Use this variable where u want and this is global as per your requirement.!

Not applicable

Yes, you can reuse the Expression by storing it as a Variable.

Variables can be stored in Qlikview Document itself Ctrl+Alt+V or in external Qlikview script file ie qvs.

-Ram