cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billbois
Creator
Creator

Rogue Alternate State

I happened to notice that a straight table was in an alternate state. Not only should it not have been in an alternate state, that state was not one I created.

There's only one alternate state in the app, imaginatively called "TestAlternateState," but the chart was assigned to a different state. I couldn't see the full name because the dropdown box isn't wide enough, but what I could see was "UninsuredXLS (un". I went to Document Properties and checked the Alternate States there. "UninsuredXLS" wasn't listed.

The chart still responded to any selections I made, so it didn't appear that this state had any effect on the chart.

I set the chart's state to "<inherited>" and saved the file. After exiting out and reopening, it was set back to "UninsuredXLS." I had to recreate the chart from scratch and delete the old one. After saving, exiting out, and reopening, "UninsuredXLS" was no longer in the dropdown list.

The chart has a few columns with "Uninsured" as part of the label or part of a fieldname, but there's nothing in the app called "UninsuredXLS." So where did this state come from?

Since I've made the problem go away, I'm posting this just to find out if anyone else has seen this before. Obviously the old chart had gone corrupt, but how do I prevent it from happening again?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Would have to have the QVW in order to try to determine what was going on with this one.  Best hunch would be something in the meta data of the QVW got sideways with that object and your deleting/recreating cleared it out.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Would have to have the QVW in order to try to determine what was going on with this one.  Best hunch would be something in the meta data of the QVW got sideways with that object and your deleting/recreating cleared it out.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
billbois
Creator
Creator
Author

That was my guess, too. I'll check with my employer about scrambling the data and sending you the QVW. That could take a while. 🙂

Thanks, Brett!