Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kodafixed
Contributor
Contributor

Roll Up Totals in Chart Based on Multiple Selected Values

I have a BI dashboard that needs to show the Top 10 performing customers based on the viewer's selection of date(s) and area(s). The underlying table data stores the Sales Period (YYYY-MM), Sales Area, Customer Name, and the total invoiced revenue from them for that period.

ExampleData:
LOAD INLINE [
Period|Area|Customer|Sales
2021-01|North|ABC Corp|1,000,000
2021-02|North|XYZ Co|1,500,000
2021-01|South|ABC Corp|2,000,000
2021-02|North|XYZ Co|950,000
] (DELIMITER IS '|');

In my straight table chart I have a calculated field to get the top-10 customers by sales and it seems to work if the user selects at least 1 and only 1 of either|both Period & Area, but if they select multiples of either or select none of either it breaks.

= MONEY(
    AGGR( IF( RANK(TOTAL SUM({<[Customer Name]>} [Customer Sales])) <= 10, [Customer Sales]), [Customer Sales])
    , '$ #,##0'
)

What I am needing the chart to do is, if the user selects multiple Periods &/or Areas, or none of either, that the top-10 returned is the "aggregate" sum of all Periods/Dates in the current selection as a single entry.

I've been googling and reading solutions for the last day and none of what I'm finding addresses this issue. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kodafixed
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Fixed it!

= IF( AGGR(RANK(SUM(Sales)), Customer) <= 10
	, AGGR(SUM(Sales), Customer)
	, Null()
)

View solution in original post