Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rolling 20/52 weeks

Hi all,

I would like to produce 2 seperate line charts showing me a moving average. My current expression shows me the averages per week but not a moving average as in the example below:

Week 2016-08 would be an average of the last 20 weeks:

2016-8

2016-7.....

.... 2015-40

Current expression:

=sum({<Week=, MonthName=, Year=, DivisionName = {'***'} + {'***'}, PerformanceDate  ={">=$(=date(Today()-140))<=$(=date(Today()))"}>} Production.DrivingGrossDurationHrs)

/

Count({<Week=, MonthName=, Year=, DivisionName = {'***'} + {'***'}, PerformanceDate  ={">=$(=date(Today()-140))<=$(=date(Today()))"}>} Production.DriverName)*5

2nd chart would be showing me a 52 weeks moving average in stead of the 20 moving average.

Hope someone can help me 😃

Kind regards

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this document for a solution: Calculating rolling n-period totals, averages or other aggregations

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Kushal_Chawda

Do you have week (2015-16) as dimension?

Not applicable
Author

I have:

Year

Week

Month

Not a table for

2015-1

2015-2

2016-1

2016-2

But you can combine the dimensions year & week

Kushal_Chawda

try creating Weekname in script like below

weekname(Date) as WeekName.

Create a line chart

Dimension:

WeekName

Expression:

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<Week=, MonthName=, Year=,WeekName=, DivisionName = {'***'} + {'***'}>} Production.DrivingGrossDurationHrs),0,22)),WeekName)) /

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total Count({<Week=, MonthName=, Year=,MonthName=, DivisionName = {'***'} + {'***'}>} Production.DriverName)*5,0,22)),WeekName))

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Able to produce the Weekname however the expression does not add up the averages of the formula of the past 20 weeks.

So even when I select the weeks it does not give me a rolling period of 20 weeks. If I take the formula apart and use weekname it does give the correct values regarding production hours and drivers.

Kushal_Chawda

Can you please post the same app to work on the same?

Not applicable
Author

Hi unfortunately my boss does not approve app posting.

However the formula seems the work with the following expression:

(rangesum(above(Total sum({< Division = {'***'} + {'****'}>} Production.DrivingGrossDurationHrs),0,20)))/

rangesum(above(Count({< Division = {'****'} + {'****'}>} Driver),0,20))*5

However when switched to a line chart instead of a pivot table it gives me different results. Being fairly new to qlikview could you explain me what happens? Assuming the problem occurs in the expression.