Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SET ANALYSIS - USING MULTIPLE FILTERS ON SINGLE TABLE

I have an Item transaction (ledger) table where I record transaction dates, manufacturing center, main products, components and qty.

How do I use Set Analysis to filter the list of main products and components for an evaluation period whilst ignoring both the period and manufacturing center?

I want to calculate inventory movement to date for the product, irrespective of the manufacturing centre and period.

Year

Month

Product

Open. Bal.

Movement for Period

Closing Bal.

XXXXXXXX

A.

B.

C.

A. I want to calculate the opening balance based on ALL movements in the table for product XXXXXXXX where the trx date is less than the first day of 08/2006.

· =SUM({$<[Year]= ,[Month]=,[Main Product]= ,[Component]=, [Manufacturing Center] =,[Posting Date]={"<$(=MAKEDATE([Year],[Month],1))"}>}[Qty])

B. I want to calculate the movement during the period 08/2006.

· =SUM({$<[Main Product]= >}[Qty])

C. I want to calculate the closing balance for product XXXXXXXX by summing all movements in the table up until the last day of 08/2006

· =SUM({$<[Year]= ,[Month]=,[Main Product]= ,[Component]=, [Manufacturing Center] =,[Posting Date]={"<$(=MONTHEND(MAKEDATE([Year],[Month],1)))"}>}[Qty])

D. Product XXXXXXXX must be filtered based on the Manufacturing Center, and Transactions that have been posted during the period 08/2006

· By using the "[Component] = " in the calculating the O/B the result lists ALL components.

0 Replies