Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haupenthals
Contributor III
Contributor III

SET Analysis in Straight Table to show Sales of Last Year Current Month vs. This Year Current Month

I have a straight table  with the Date and the corresponding  Date of Last Year. There are two expressions, one showing the Sales in this Year/month and one for last Year. I would like to have no zeros... I guess there is a way to manage with SET analysis...

In the attached files I show how the table looks like in QlikView and how it should look like!

Can somebody help? Thank you in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jjbom1990
Creator
Creator

I am sorry I completely misread your pictures. 

My statement kind of holds though, the issue you are having is because of your dimension. Because the dimension you are showing has the year included. If you make your date dimension to show only day and month. Qlik is able to match the values from this year to last year to the same dimension value. 

I suggest you make a new dimension : Day(Datefield) & '-' & Month(Datefield) as DayMonth

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jjbom1990
Creator
Creator

What seems to be the issue here is the 2nd dimensions isn't associated to the 2nd expression, only to the first expression. If you find a way to change this you will get the desired result. You will already get the desired result if you remove the 2nd dimension or when you make a pivot table to 'hide' the 2nd dimension

haupenthals
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot,  but unfortunately your suggested solution doesn‘t work.

jjbom1990
Creator
Creator

I am sorry I completely misread your pictures. 

My statement kind of holds though, the issue you are having is because of your dimension. Because the dimension you are showing has the year included. If you make your date dimension to show only day and month. Qlik is able to match the values from this year to last year to the same dimension value. 

I suggest you make a new dimension : Day(Datefield) & '-' & Month(Datefield) as DayMonth