Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

SET analysis? allowing only selection in ONE field (company) to effect the chrt

hi there,

i did a little research before i posted this question but couldnt find an answer.

im sure it is becouse i missed it and not becouse it doesnt exists:) but anyway i need your help

i want to (i think) use set analysis to allow only selection made in one field(company) to effect the chart

so if the user selects a country or customer it wouldnt change the chart 's data but if he selects 2008 then he will see all sales per that year

ps

i already know(well its simple lol) how to get the opposite, that is: to allow selection in ALL field and lock (or partialy lock) the selection in only ONE field.

might this be part of the solution?

plz plz help

Mansyno (aka wizardo)

11 Replies
Not applicable

It was first introduced in version 9... As I am already beta testing version 10 I asumed most would by using version 9 by now.. which is false....

there is a more 'trick' to do it in version 8.. this one is from John Witherspoon from this topic:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/22706/116712.aspx#116712

Quote:

I think there's an easy way that I'm not remembering, but here's a hard way that would probably work (untested) (edited to add distinct):

sum({1<Year ={'$(=concat(distinct Year ,chr(39)&','&chr(39)))'}
,Month={'$(=concat(distinct Month,chr(39)&','&chr(39)))'}>} Sales)

Regards,

Diego

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

it is an internal function to be used only in set analysis.

it returns all the possible values in a field based on its on selection.

there is a function called E() which acts the sam but returnes only exluded values.

the result of the function can be on the right side of a modifier in a set analysis expression (the part that comes inside the angle brackets <>

it was introduced on ver 9