Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SPECIAL CASE Need help with salesman analysis

Hello,

I am hoping someone can give me some guidance here.

All of my data is loaded from one ascii file into qlikview resulting in one table.

It is a transaction file of invoices and includes all the little details of each invoice.

If we have more then one person that works on a sale, they each will get a percentage of credit for the sale.

In this table, the main salesman is called SLM-1 and the secondary salesman is SLM-2. So there are two fields for Salesman but they are duplicates.

On one transaction, "John" can be SLM-1, and on another transaction "John" could be the SLM-2.

The dollar value allocated to SLM-1 and SLM-2 will differ on each sale.

Now my issue is, I want to be able to select "John" from a listbox and have his overall totals display (SLM-1 sales +SLM-2 sales).

Does anybody know how I can go about doing this?

Thanks!!!!!!!

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I think you should transpose your file with the crosstable function. It will be easier to calculate the total for each salesman.

crosstable( Salesman, Name , N) // where N is the number of column before

LOAD C1 , C2 , C3 , ....,
Sal1,
Sal2
FROM your file

regards

jjj

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jean-Jacques,

Thanks for the response, I am not completely familiar with how the crosstable fucntion works,

If my table for example is:

Load

INVNO, REFNO, CUSTOMERNO, SLM1, SLM2, [SLM1 Sales], [SLM2 Sales], TOTALSALES, PRODUCT,

FROM ...........

Would the crosstable function go before this? I