Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielnevitt
Creator
Creator

SQL Help

Hi,

I am having issues with the below SQL.  Any help with pointing me in the direction of the obvious mistake I have made will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Daniel

l.location_cd as trade_location_cd,
    l.location_name,
    l.[reference] as trade_location_reference,
    tp.*,
    c.*
FROM tempest_tier1.p_edw_trade_physical('%','%','%','%','%','%','Create Dt','2015-01-01','2050-01-01','%','Today','Trade',0) tp
left outer join tempest_tier1.v_LOCATION l on (l.location_cd = tp.trade_location_cd)
left outer join tempest_tier1.p_dcf_acl_cost('%','%','%','%','%','%','%','Today','Trade','End Of Day',0,'Create Dt','2015-01-01','2050-01-01') c on (tp.strategy_num = c.strategy_num)
where (tp.co_cd in ('A')
       or l.[reference] in ('GBR') 
       or tp.trade_cmdty_cd in ('Crude')
       or tp.trade_location_cd in ('B'))
  and c.cost_cd not in ('Freight')

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What error you are getting?

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

It say ODBC read failed

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

that may be becoz of you are using wrong credentials...or connection timeout like that..

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Try to reduce the number of field (remove tp.*, c.*)

Sometimes I got the same error (ODBC read failed) for duplicated field names

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

I tried to reduce the fields and I still get the same error.  I think it might be related to the 'left outer join'?

Regards,

Daniel

Anonymous
Not applicable

if it is SQL query, remove this Outer keyword

Anonymous
Not applicable

Break your query and try to reload it one by one, that might be helpful for you to know where is the problem?

danielnevitt
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried to break the query down and all parts work ok.

The left outer join works between tempest_tier1.p_edw_trade_physical and tempest_tier1.v_LOCATION.  However the script fails when trying to left outer join to tempest_tier1.p_dct_acl_cost

Regards,

Daniel