Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

SYNTAX HELP

Hey people,

i am new to Qlikview, getting confused with syntax in writing a simple expressions. Can anybody help me with this?

i want to to have a field in pivot with expression (count of cells with value greater than 1)

hope i made my problem clear...

HARNEET

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Harnnet,

Please explain your question well. What actually is you problem...

Thanks

Joseph

spsrk_84
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

U can write like this

Count( if ( CellValue>1, Noofcells)

or

Likethis also

If( CellValue>1,Count(NoofCells)

First expression is the best one ...........

Regards,

Ajay

Not applicable
Author

Hey Joseph,

I have Zone, regions in my data set. what I am trying to to is adding a field in pivot where i can show that a particlar regions have lets say 10 number of services. basically it is the count of services with value greater than 1 for a region. i am using this exp -- Count(if([Service Cost]>1, [service cost])

HARNEET

Not applicable
Author

Hi Harneet

What is going wrong then? Your formula (maybe a typo only) lacks a closing bracket.

Formulas returning null should be checked for proper syntax first.

Jürg

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joseph, Ajay, Jurg,

I got what i was looking for.. just wanted to confirm with you guys if the problem was same what i thought it is...

in expression - Count(if([Service Cost]>1, [service cost])) what i did wrong was service cost (second time) in small letter. Do we really need to take this thing into consideration when writing an expression in Qlikvew??

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Joseph, Ajay, Jurg,

I got what i was looking for.. just wanted to confirm with you guys if the problem was same what i thought it is...

in expression - Count(if([Service Cost]>1, [service cost])) what i did wrong was service cost (second time) in small letter. Do we really need to take this thing into consideration when writing an expression in Qlikvew??

Not applicable
Author

QlikView fields are case sensitive, no way around this.

When typing your expressions the green color will show you that the field is spelled and cased correctly