Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sales Overlap / Intersection problem

Hi all,
Consider the following table of products sold to various customer categories. Some of the products are exclusive to one customer category, hence only appearing once, and other products are shared among two or more categories:
Product NumberCustomer Category

Window manufacturer
1002Door manufacturer
1003Floor manufacturer
1004Floor manufacturer
1005Decking manufacturer
1006Contractor
1007Contractor
1007Floor manufacturer
1008Wholesale
1009Wholesale
1009Floor manufacturer
1009Door manufacturer
1009Contractor
1010Door manufacturer
1011Contractor
1012Floor manufacturer
1012Door manufacturer
Now I want to find out the number of distinct products (for each customer category) that are shared between customer categories, displayed on customer category. In fact the follwing table:
Customer Category# of distinct articles that are shared by at least one other customer category
Window manufacturer0
Door manufacturer2
Floor manufacturer2
Decking manufacturer0
Contractor2
Wholesale2
I have tried the follwing expression in a straight table but it doesn't seem to be working:

Count(DISTINCT If(Aggr(Count (DISTINCT [Customer Category]), [Product Number])>1, [Product Number] ) )

Could someone give me a push in the right direction?

Thank you,

David

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi again Michael,

Sorry to bother you..... but I have stumbled across a problem. For certain products (in my dataset) the field "Product Number" are not really a number but rather a textstring, now this is not a problem in my case because I can elimate them since they are not of interest. Although it would be great to know if there is any way of making the above solution work also for cases where "Product Number" is not actually a number.

However, for a specific entire country (and this I can't be without) the "Product Number" field is named as "3-27278", "2-55448", in fact a "-" sign in the string. This also causes the above solution to fail. Is there any way of working around this issue or adapt the above solution to this scenario?

Thanks for your time and your help!

David

Not applicable
Author

Solved it using PurgeChar() function, for my latter problem!

Again, thanks for all the help Michael!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It will work with text if change the variable a little, enclosing each value in single quotes:

=chr(39) & concat(distinct

if(aggr(count(distinct "Customer Category"),"Product Number")>1,

"Product Number")

, chr(39) & ',' & chr(39)) & chr(39)