Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolojolly
Creator
Creator

Sales forecast

Hi, I'm not very experienced in QlikView and I need help to create pivot table starting from the attached file in which for each month remaining until the end of this year I have to calculate the sales forecast

For example:

Sale of item A from 01/01/2015 to today is 25420
Today is day 202 of the year
Sales for each day are 25420/202 = 125,8415842

31/07/2015 will be the 212 day of the year
I expect that sales at 31.07.2015 will be 125,8415842 * 212

31/08/2015 will be the 243 day of the year

I expect that sales at 31.08.2015 will be 125,8415842 * 243

the end result should be

Immagine.png

Can someone help me?

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kushal_Chawda

Hi,

I have created the forecast data till year end for each item. I have slightly modified your excel till  today's data. I have few questions

1) Either forecast data will be provided by Business (without value as it should be calculated) or you have to create the data?

If you have to create the data for each item then this approach will work for you as attached

2) I have created forecast values directly from script. So what do you mean by forecast directly on pivot?

Please see the attached.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Something like in attached?

Kushal_Chawda

Please see the attached with some changes

paolojolly
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you, your answer is helpful.

But what I need is to calculate the forecast until the end of the year and for different items

Then I need to calculate the forecast directly on the pivot table

thanks again

paolojolly
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks but your solution stops with today date and I need to make the forecast until the end of year

Kushal_Chawda

Hi,

I have created the forecast data till year end for each item. I have slightly modified your excel till  today's data. I have few questions

1) Either forecast data will be provided by Business (without value as it should be calculated) or you have to create the data?

If you have to create the data for each item then this approach will work for you as attached

2) I have created forecast values directly from script. So what do you mean by forecast directly on pivot?

Please see the attached.

paolojolly
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

thanks for the reply
Forecast data will be provided by Business (data come from a database sql) and will not be entered
I have the need of filter data  for different dimensions (nation, type of product, customer, ..)

and I think it is more flexible to make the forecast on the pivot expression

thanks