Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Saving qvd file to a network folder

Hi Everyone,

I'm having trouble storing a qvd file to a network folder.

My script is fairly straightforward. I'm trying to load an .xml stored on a server, then save the loaded data as a .qvd to the same server.

The gist of my script is below:

MyTable:

load *

from [\\serverName\datafolder\file.xml];

store MyTable into \\serverName\qvdfolder\MyTable.qvd (QVD);

I am able to load the data OK but receive "failed to open file in write mode for file \\serverName\qvdfolder\MayTable.qvd" when trying to store the .qvd file. I have read/write access to the folder I'm trying to save to. I've also tried using the server IP address in lieu of the server name.

Any thoughts on what is causing the error? I am fairly new to qvd storage, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Michael

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Still receiving the same error 😕

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you share you actual store command you are running like, if you dont want to show the server name just give some random name and share your actual path you are using.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure thing.

store SystemMetrics into [\\myServer\I\vSync\Metrics\QVD\System\SystemQVD.qvd] (QVD);

Where myServer is the server name and the folder is located on the I: drive.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

I is a drive on your server? I doubt you can use that I drive like that.Not sure. Ok can you screen shot the windows explorer address bar when you try to get to that I drive System folder just the address bar screen shot can you send it.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

try this ?

Store SystemMetrics INTO \\myServer\I$\vSync\Metrics\QVD\System\SystemQVD.qvd(qvd);

use a $ symbol after I.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No luck with using "$".

I think there may be some kind of firewall blocking the qvd from being stored. I'm able to use a different server on our network with the exact same store statement and it works fine.

Thanks for the response.

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Oh cool.Probably touch base with your IT guys. That could be one of the reasons too.

kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

Please check folder permission with QlikView service user (maybe not login user )

diego_barboza
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

You need to "Add a network location" so your network drive is mapped to a local address on your pc, in that way QlikView engine will be capable to reach it. Once you map your shared folder on your PC, remember to use the new access to enable the read/write of the network folder.

The same applies if QlikView is installed on a server and you need to reach files that are not loaded locally, this is an standard proccedure if you have a large QV server with one or more backend servers and one frontend servers, since this enable the communication between them.