Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III

Schedule QVW file reload on local Windows Environment

Hi,

I would like to schedule my QVW reloads on my local machine on a timely manner (maybe using Windows Task Scheduler or any other available tool). I tried searching for appropriate topics but couldn't find them useful. How do I schedule QVW reloads on my local Windows environment using Windows Scheduler or any other Scheduler tool?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rajivmeher
Creator
Creator

Hi qlikwiz123

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems like you are missing the line for reload of the QVW file. Please see the code below and suggest if it matches your batch file.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw"

copy "I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw" "I:\FolderName\"

Exit 

Just to give a breakdown on what this code is doing:

Line 1: Invokes Qlikview software installed in your machine from C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe location (change it to the right location if its different in your machine). /R is to reload the model thats located in I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw location.

Line 2: copies the file from I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw and pastes it in I:\FolderName\ location. You don't need this line if you don't need to move the file to any other location.

Line 3: Exit: Closes the Program and the batch file.

Sorry if the explanation is too big and unnecessary.

Regards

Rajiv.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rajivmeher
Creator
Creator

Hi qlikwiz123

You can try creating a batch file to reload your QVW. Than you can create a task using WIndows Task Scheduler to run the batch file at your required time.

Please refer to the below link for detailed process on this:

Batch file script to reload Qlikview Applications

Regards

Rajiv.

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Rajiv,

Thank you for sharing the link. I have seen it already before posting this question. The Task Triggers and opens the QVW file but doesn't actually reload the file. I am not sure why. I created the batch file that has the lines as below.

"I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw"

Exit

And adding this batch file as Basic Task in Windows Scheduler. Am I missing something here or anything wrong in the Batch Script?

Also tried with different Source and Destination Paths in Line 2 but nothing helps.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

rajivmeher
Creator
Creator

Hi qlikwiz123

Thanks for your feedback.

Seems like you are missing the line for reload of the QVW file. Please see the code below and suggest if it matches your batch file.

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe" /R "I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw"

Exit 

Just to give a breakdown on what this code is doing:

Line 1: Invokes Qlikview software installed in your machine from C:\Program Files\QlikView\qv.exe location (change it to the right location if its different in your machine). /R is to reload the model thats located in I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw location.

Line 2: copies the file from I:\FolderName\QVWFile.qvw and pastes it in I:\FolderName\ location. You don't need this line if you don't need to move the file to any other location.

Line 3: Exit: Closes the Program and the batch file.

Sorry if the explanation is too big and unnecessary.

Regards

Rajiv.

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot Rajiv. The other link was missing the 'Reload' line in the batch file. This was really helpful. I really appreciate the way you explained each line

Cheers

rajivmeher
Creator
Creator

Thanks qlikwiz123‌.

Glad it helped.