Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Schedule reload in specific time range

Hello,

I need to reload some qlikview sheets in a short-time interval, but I'd like to stop these processes at night time.

I'm not able to figure out a configuration to solve it.

Please, can someone help me?

Thank you.

N.Cattura.JPG

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's only with the publisher possible to add multiple triggers and/or using conditions to them. Only with the server you need to handle it within the application, for example with something like this at the beginning of your load-script:

if match(hour(now), 22,23,0,1,2,3,4,5) then

exit script; // if you used a multi-tier architecture

I will create an error ... // for a single application

end if

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the reply, Marcus.

Doing what you suggest, the script doesn't load the data, but erases the existing ones, so that the sheet becomes empty.

I dont't like it, because the sheet consultation becames impossible, contrariwise I'd like to avoid the use of the sheet without trying to load the new data (because the data source is off during the night).

marcus_sommer

Then just use the second-line within the if-loop to force a script-error and the task will be aborted and the application remained on the last loaded data. It's not very nice because you will get an error-message that a task failed (which might be handled with some mail-rules in your mail-tool) but like above mentioned without a publisher there is only a reduced set of triggers available.

- Marcus

pogrebnoymike
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I believe what marcus_sommer had in mind is that you would use either 'exit script' or throw an error, depending on your setup.

Unless you don't mind a ton of error messages in the publisher, the best option appears to be to create the multi-tier architecture, where data load would be performed by the file with the above-mentioned condition. At this stage, the data would be stored in QVDs or otherwise and then used by your final application; if that condition is true and exit script runs, the data loader does not overwrite any previously stored data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Mikhail