Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scheduled jobs not running

Hello Friends,

We are using QV 10 and last week suddenly the scheduled jobs were not reloaded but the Qlikview Distribution Service is still running and we enabled if any problem ask him to send email alert and till now we have not received any emails regarding this.

We are still reloading the reports mannually.

Can any one suggest, what is the root cause and how to resolve it.

Regards

Chriss

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Chris,

First of all, what do the logfiles show? You can check then in the QEMC, Tasks, clicking on "Show Task Details" on those tasks that failed.

Second, did any changes happen to the account or OS in the computer where QlikView is running? (software updates, OS upgrades...).

Try restarting the services from the Windows Services console (Windows button, Run, services.msc). Check the Windows Event Viewer as well to get more information.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel for your reply,

For the First as you said I can see the log file through QEMC, it shows only the last successful reload and no error messages.

For the Second, I have not done any changes or upgradation.

for the Third, I can see the error symbol in event viewer -- Windows logs- Application

Qlikview Management service - throws a error of the following.

System.Exception: Failed to loadSystem.Exception: Failed to load because item with ID c478a79c-10ef-308e-5684-dbe0f1604248 does not exist.

at QVPRXML.QVPRXMLStorage.Load(QVPRItem io_QvprItem, IQVPRTransaction io_QvprTransaction)

at QVPRDAL.QVPRObject.Load(IQVPRTransaction io_QvprTransaction)

at QVPRDAL.QVPRObject.Load(Guid i_ID, IQVPRTransaction io_QvprTransaction)

at QMSBackendDDL.Task.DocumentTask.DDLDocumentTask..ctor(Guid i_LoadID, IQVPRTransaction io_QvprTransaction)

at QMSBackendCore.Domain.Tasks.DocumentTask..ctor(Guid i_ID, IQVPRTransaction i_Trans)

at QMSBackendCore.Service.ServiceImpl.GetDocumentTask(Guid documentTaskID, DocumentTaskScope scope, IPrincipal userPrincipal, IQVPRTransaction transaction)

Please advise.

Thanks again.

Chriss

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Chriss,

That sounds to some corrupted XML file that stores distribution tasks in v10. Are you running a clustered environment? Are usually more than one person using the QEMC? Have anyone changed or deleted either manually or in the QEMC any distribution task?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hello Miguel,

We are not running the server in clustered environment and QEMC is managed by three people, finally what is your suggestion shall I restart the service of Qlikview Distribution bec's I am afraid to restart it.

Please advise..

Regards

Chriss

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Chriss,

Another option is to remove manually all distribution tasks and recreate them. Copy the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech folder just in case and go to the services console and restart all QlikView services.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Miguel,

As advised by you, I will do...

Regards

Chriss