Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

Screen jumps to top with AJAX

Hello --

We have an odd problem that I can't reproduce on all machines, but is frustrating our end users.

If they open a document with AJAX, scroll down, then click in any white space or on any list box, the screen jumps back up to almost, but not quite, the top of the page. It happens in IE, Chrome and Firefox. We do not see the problem with the IE plug-in.

(If it helps, our server is running v10 sr2)

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

mike

2 Replies
Not applicable

I see this too, but my screen scrolls down incrementatlly each time I click a new chart, or even the 'white space' between charts. Eventually I get the bottom of the page and I have to manually scroll back to the top. I've also noticed that if I am scrolled to the very top or the very bottom of the page, clicking around doesn't scroll the page. It's only when I'm scrolled to a position in-between the top and the bottom of the page.

Thoughts anyone? It's causing me a bit of grief...

Not applicable

Yes, I experienced this annoying effect too. Today I finally got around to fixing it.

It's a bug in the v10 ajax js where in Qva.PageBinding.prototype.Ready() the function window.scrollBy() is used instead of window.scrollTo() in an attempt to restore the scrollbar position.

To fix this I just set the remembered position to 0 by overruling the function as follows.

qva.Ready = (function() { var original_func = qva.Ready; return function() {

this.ScrollLeftToRemember=null;this.ScrollTopToRemember=null;//workaround for scroll bug

original_func.call(this); }})();

This was a perfectly adequate solution in my situation (but I can imagine the scrollbar position is restored for a reason evident in other cases).

Message was edited by: roelandl

Edit 29-03-2013: nulls work even better then zeroes.