Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Script variable headache

Using the script below I'm testing an incremental load to only load new records.  Using the debugger I can see that the variable correctly stores the datetime 10/12/2015 00:00:01 as the number 42348.000011574.  However when I instruct the load to only bring in records greater than this datetime it also brings in records with the same date (10/12/2015 00:00:01). 

Capture.JPG

To test it further I stored three test fields.  Test1 is the datetime from the records I want to load, test2 is the variable and test3 is the variable minus the record date.  When I look at them in the front end (see below) I can see that both the variable and the record date are the same, yet Qlikview shows a difference between them.  I'm sure it's something to do with the dollar expansion because if I take that off the second expression the difference shows as zero (the result I want) but I can't think of a way to achieve the same thing in the script.  Basically, Qlikview is storing the variable result correctly but when I try to use it in the script it must be applying a different figure.

Capture2.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

There were no responses so I assume this caused other people headaches too.

Solved it using the interval function though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

There were no responses so I assume this caused other people headaches too.

Solved it using the interval function though.