Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RealEstate2018
Contributor II
Contributor II

Script

Hi Guys,

I was hoping someone can help me figure out how to modify the formula shown below. Currently, the formula shown      = num((sum([Total Number of Attorneys])+sum([Total Non-Attorneys])+sum([Sublet Lawyer Offices]))/sum([Maximum Attorney Capacity]),'###.%');  

This formula gives you a percentage of how well attorney capacity is utilized.  If someone can help me exclude Beijing and Hong Kong, that will be amazing!

I want to know if there is a way to exclude specific cities, meaning, give me total utilization percentage of all cities (excluding Beijing and Hong Kong as an example) 

The formula is input into a text object so I don't have any way to filter things so the formula needs to be set to exclude directly within the formula.  All locations are identified under a common indicator known as "City" (I've attached a copy from a Bar chart as an example)

clipboard_image_2.png

clipboard_image_3.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

You can accomplish this using set analysis. Your formula would be:

num((sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Total Number of Attorneys])+sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Total Non-Attorneys])+sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Sublet Lawyer Offices]))/sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Maximum Attorney Capacity]),'###.%')

View solution in original post

1 Reply
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

You can accomplish this using set analysis. Your formula would be:

num((sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Total Number of Attorneys])+sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Total Non-Attorneys])+sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Sublet Lawyer Offices]))/sum({<City-={'Beijing', 'Hong Kong'}>}[Maximum Attorney Capacity]),'###.%')