Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Search is getting Cleared

We have two buttons - One is to trigger a search from an input box and the other is for date search (From, To) in two date calenders.

When we do the Search from the Input box it populates the table correctly displaying results related to the search.

The problem we are facing is that when we action the Date Search Button - it clears the all the selection and shows the dates for all the records rather than keeping the input box selection and then filtering the Dates.

Will appreciate if someone can assist us in this regards.

Thanks

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you make a selection that contradicts another selection then the former selection will be cleared.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Gysbert,

Thanks for your response.  I think there is no contradiction in the selections.  One is for fieldA and the other one is for DateFields.  How can there be a contradiction?.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Perhaps there are no values in fieldA that have records with matching values in the date fields.

sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Gysbert,

fieldA has a lot of records matching in the date fields.  As soon as I press the search button the fieldA selection clears and then all the records within the specified dates show up in the table.

I do not know why the selection clears up when fieldA records are within the Dates.

Thanks.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you post an example document that demonstrates the problem?

sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Gysbert

We are working onsite with confidential data.

I have to strip down a lot which will take a lot of time.

Can you suggest something which might be feasible.

Thanks again

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Read this document: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1290

sjhussain
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Gysbert,

Excellent Article about reducing and scrambling the data.  I have done it on the file and am attaching it with this reply.

The problem i am having is as follows:

Mobile No. Selection disappears on date search

1. Select Mobile Number

2. Click on Call Button and you will be taken to the Call Screen

3. Filter the Dates and you will see that the selected mobile number disappears and all the records during the selected dates are shown.

Record not found selection shows all the records

-- Another problem I am having is that when the search results in not found then all the records are displayed

1. Select Mobile No. from Search Field

2. Enter number 123 in Search Text

3. Press Search button

4. All the records are shown rather than remaining emtpy

Thanks for all your support.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Mobile No. Selection disappears on date search

1. Select Mobile Number

2. Click on Call Button and you will be taken to the Call Screen

3. Filter the Dates and you will see that the selected mobile number disappears and all the records during the selected dates are shown

I can't reproduce step 3. After choosing a mobile number, further filtering on the dates does not clear the selection of the mobile number here.

Record not found selection shows all the records

-- Another problem I am having is that when the search results in not found then all the records are displayed

1. Select Mobile No. from Search Field

2. Enter number 123 in Search Text

3. Press Search button

4. All the records are shown rather than remaining emtpy

It's not possible to create an empty result set by making selections in Qlikview. If the search returns no result then no selection can be made (in green) and all values are shown as possible values (in white).