Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access: Data reduction problem

Hi All,

I have a problem in data reduction. I have the following code in my hidden script

Section Access;

SQL SELECT UPPER(username) AS NTNAME,

case  UPPER(username) when 'CONNEX\QVSERVICE' then 'ADMIN' else 'USER' end AS ACCESS

FROM [Datastar V11].dbo.Consultants;

Section Application;

The above code makes a join with ConsultantDesk table on NTNAME. The code reduces data pretty well. I have another table Called ConsultantDesk, which has NTNAME and other information related to consultant. That table is joined to the rest of model through a combined key (Consultant-Desk).

I wanted some users to be able to see everything i the report. Therefore, I made all possible combinations of Desk with those users so they can view everything in the report.

Now here is my problem. There are many tables that have missing links to the data model. That data gets reduced to the power users because of the missing data links even if it has all possible combination of desks.

What are the other options for me so that the admin type or power users get no data reduction to any table even if it has null keys, while the rest of data reduction should work as they are.

dm.png

Thanks

Arif

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Syed,

could you submit QV document with described data model structure and some sample data within?

regards

danielact
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Don't try to limit those users by pulling all the possible values. Use a logic statement that would leave the field blank. If it's blank, there's no reduction of data.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Here is a sample file. Have a look at the file I need you to help me in following points

1) how to script section accecss so that qvservice user  sees everything in the report (Even if they have no links with other tables), while the rest of users can only see reduced data

2) Rest of users should be seeing reduced data. However, the total clients in text box should still be 6.

The section access that I have used is disabled so that you can modify the file accordingly. I was using NT Users but you can use QV users, I just to see how can I achieve the above results

Regards

Arif

Not applicable
Author

Hello Danielact,

Can you please explain what do you mean by keeping them blank.

Regards

Arif