SECTION ACCESS;
SECTION_ACCESS:
LOAD
ACCESS,
USERID,
PASSWORD,
NTNAME,
USERGROUP
FROM VARIABLES\Section_Access.xlsx (ooxml, Embedded Labels, Table is SECTION_ACCESS);

SECTION APPLICATION;

STAR IS *;

USER_GROUP:
LOAD
USERGROUP,
DESC_SHOP
FROM VARIABLES\Section_Access.xlsx (ooxml, Embedded Labels, Table is USERGROUP);

In Document Properties, I have only checked the following: "Initial Data Reduction based on Section Access".

I'm having issues with User3 who only has access to Mall 1. So when I manually reload the document and open it again, it works fine and it shows me Mall 1. But when I run the task from QMC with Publisher, I mean when it reloads the app (in server 1) and distributes it to another server (server 2) where it is published, then the User3 can see ALL the malls.

It's strange because then (after the reload), if I manually copy the app from server 1 to server 2 and I enter the Access Point, I only see Mall 1 (as I should see on the first place).

Do you know what could be?

Thank you!!!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

This is because you do not have a record for your service account in Section Access from what I can see...  Here are some Design Blog posts that should help you get things sorted:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/A-Primer-on-Section-Access/ba-p/1465766

Here is the base URL for the Design Blog area in case you wish to search on your own:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

The one thing to understand is the use of * equates to any other loaded values, this does not mean 'all' values as many folks mistakenly believe it to be, so in this case, all anyone is going to see is Mall 1, as that is the only value in the reduction field.  For the load from the source to load correctly, the service account record needs to have 'blank/no' values in the reduction fields, which means if you have strict exclusion set, the service account will not be able to open the application via the AccessPoint/QVServer, but it will work via Desktop and Publisher, and it will see all records etc.  About the best I can offer to try to get you on the right track here.  There are a couple of dynamic reduction lings on the bottom of the first link I gave you, be sure to check those out too.  Hopefully this will get you where you need to be.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.