Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access Issue

I'm using NTFS Authorization. In, Section Access Management I have created a Test table with 3 user names with Access, NTNAME, [Columnname] and using following code to

load data to QVW.

Section Access;

Load Upper([ACCESS]) as ACCESS,
     Upper(NTNAME) as NTNAME,
     Upper(colnm) as COLNM

FROM
[URL]

(html, utf8, embedded labels, table is Test);

Section Application;

The issue is after logging into the Accesspoint, it is asking for credentials 2nd time, and rejecting even after providing credentials.

Can someone suggest, where it is going wromg with my application.

3 Replies
matt_crowther
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Krishna,

The script looks correct to me - the same as I'm using in a functioning application.

I'd look to check that your NTNAME value is actually correct you may well need to include the dmain name eg: My_Domain\My_NTNAME.

Also check the Document Properties > Opening has the 'Strict Exclusion' checkbox checked.

Hope that helps,

Matt - Visual Analytics Ltd

Not applicable
Author

Matt,

Was wondering, should I add "domain/username" to SAM table in capitals? or is it fine to leave as it comes?

MYCOMPANY\ME

instead of

mycompany\me

Not applicable
Author

Krishna,

Pop up comes for the following reasons:

1. User credentials are wrong.

--After opening even if you give the name thru the popup and the document opens then this is the issue.

2. If the user login doesnt have any rows to views.

--If the logged in user doesnt have any section application filter then the access is denied.

3. If there are no CALs for the logged in user.

--You should check the CALs and if the document is given access to the NTNAME.

Your syntax looks correct. But I was wondering if there is any section application. Try adding a dummy table to section application.

Regards,

Kiran.