Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Section Access and Variable change via ajax

Hi all,

I have a qvw in which I have a Button which changes a variable button from 0 to 1 and vise versa. I use this variable value as condition in NPrinting condition. When I test the variable change value via Desktop it works fine, when I am trying to replicate the same scenario via ajax client it seems like variable value doesn't change. In the qvw I have section access and after my daily reload I want to change variable value via script, please see attached sample.

Is there any way to keep variable value via Ajax client when the user change it?

Regards,

Eleni

5 Replies
eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Any ideas?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

We cannot open the file.

That action in a button works, populating or changing the value of a variable, also in the Ajax client, (unless perhaps the version you are using has this bug?).

NPrinting 17 does not support some works with variables but NP16 does.

eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

My mistake there is Section Access on the file with tow users ADMIN ADMIN and USER USER!

We are using QlikView 12 and NPrinting 17.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

I'm having issues with variables in charts and NP17, however NP16 shows what I expect, like clicking on a button that toggles a variable between 1 and 0.

Anyway, when I open the QVW in Ajax with QlikView 12.10 the variables work just fine.

Perhaps I'm missing something? Let's see what others say.

eleni_theodorid
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your reply.

Long story to be sort, I want via the qvw to Activate/Deactivate NPrinting task run and distribute email. So the reason that I want to create the variable is to use it in an NPrinting task condition. Using QV Desktop it works fine but via Ajax it doesn't.

Any advice will be more than welcome!

Regards,

Eleni