Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access 'dropping off' of memory

Hello all

I have a document set up with a Section Access spread sheet.  The document is reloaded at 6AM and is also manually reloaded at around 1030AM.  It is reloaded twice in one day to allow for different information to be brought into the application.

Some users who are already in the Section Access sheet tried to access the application but it gave them an access denied message.  Usually when I reload the application the proble mis fixed as hte Section Access is refreshed.  My problem seems to be that the Section Access for this document 'drops off' of memory and has to be refreshed sometimes.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas of why it would be doing this and if there is a fix for it?

Thanks

Stuart

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure but I think it worked as designed then there are only one instance from an application on a server and if the application will be reloaded the area from section access in RAM will be overwritten.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

The section access works up to a point.  It's at random times that the user's can't seem to access the document, not after reloading.  The reloads are running as you would expect them to.

I tried to access the application myself an hour or two after the reload and it gave me an access denied message. 

marcus_sommer

Perhaps the RAM usage is too high and some area are removed ot it come into a timeout - for this you could look to settings from working set and timeouts and in task-manager. Also it could be that there are licence-conflicts.

- Marcus