cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neil-devlin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access not working

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me out with section access. This appeared to be working but has since stopped and I am not sure why. I use the following logic to create my section access:

Star is *;

Section Access;
LOAD
UPPER(ACCESS) AS ACCESS,
UPPER(NTNAME) AS NTNAME,
UPPER(GROUP) AS GROUP

FROM
[\\hgvnas2\appdata\Qlikview\RIS\security\qv-usersecurity_test.csv]
(txt, codepage is 28591, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Section Application;

List:
LOAD
'ALL' AS GROUP,
BDM

FROM $(vSourceDataFilePath)qvd\BDM.csv
(txt, codepage is 28591, embedded labels, delimiter is ' ', msq);

Concatenate(List)
Load
BDM AS GROUP,
BDM
FROM $(vSourceDataFilePath)qvd\BDM.csv
(txt, codepage is 28591, embedded labels, delimiter is ' ', msq);

This loads in a sheet of users with a group field contening the BDM field value they should see. These values are populated from a list of BDM values with the group 'ALL' having a record for every BDM value.

for example here is my table for BDM value 'CIARAN HAREN',

neildevlin_0-1658919738020.png

I have 2 entries one for the group 'CIARAN HAREN' and one for the group 'ALL', so if create a value for that username with the group 'CIARAN HAREN' I would expect it to reduce the data set to that BDM value only

neildevlin_1-1658919797878.png

However when I load the app I can see all BDM values, when logging in as this user on Access Point, regardless of the section access I have set. Any idea what I'm missing?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Couple of things to check to start with:

1) Is the user you are testing with in an additional group with ALL permissions (If memory serves, NTName applies to both user and group names from Active Directory)?

2) Are other users working as expected? If not, did you possibly not check the document's "Initial data reduction" setting?

Or_0-1658920110934.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Couple of things to check to start with:

1) Is the user you are testing with in an additional group with ALL permissions (If memory serves, NTName applies to both user and group names from Active Directory)?

2) Are other users working as expected? If not, did you possibly not check the document's "Initial data reduction" setting?

Or_0-1658920110934.png

neil-devlin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Or! Looks like someone had unticked the reduction box that had been previously set. Explains why it was working and stopped 😅

Thanks, saved me hours of confusion!