Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Our next Qlik Insider session will cover new key capabilities. Join us August 11th REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aboliogale
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access on 2 fields

Hello all,

I am trying to implement section access on 2 fields. Following is the structure of my section access file.

ACCESSE-MAIL ADDRESSREGIONBUSINESS
ADMINUSER1@COMPANYNAME.COM**
ADMINUSER2@COMPANYNAME.COMMAHB1
ADMINUSER3@COMPANYNAME.COMINDB2
ADMINUSER4@COMPANYNAME.COM*B1

I have created Key using Region and Business in both data model table and section access table as well.

All values and field names are in upper case. I have checked initial data reduction and strict exclusion checkbox as well.

For the above table, first 3 rows cases are working on the Qlikview desktop. case 4 is not working. 

Same file I deployed on UAT and allocate CAL. Still on access point I am getting error as failed to open document. user do not have access.

Please help me with this asap.

PFB Section Access script:

STAR is *;

SECTION Access;

LOAD ACCESS,
'COMPANYNAME\'&upper(subfield(trim([E-MAIL ADDRESS]),'@',1)) as NTNAME,
REGION&'|'&BUSINESS as SECTIONACCESSKEY
FROM
[Sectionaccess.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Section Access]);

SECTION Application;

Labels (2)
1 Reply
Or
Master
Master

For debugging this sort of thing, I would suggest removing the Section Access; part of the code, then looking at the relationships generated for the user that isn't working (since the access aspect will be loaded as a regular table instead of an access table). Usually that helps point you in the right direction for what the problem is.