Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access

Is there a way to setup the section access to filter data from a file and also hide tabs for select users at the same time.

Example:

I have a two salesman that can only see thier sales data on tabs (A &B) and i have a manager that can see both salesman data on tabs(A &B) and additional company sales information on tabs (C & D).

CODE:

Section Access;

Security:

LOAD ACCESS,

USERID,

PASSWORD,

SCCO,

SCSLSM,

SCLOC,

Upper(SCCO&'|'&SCSLSM&'|'&SCLOC) as %AUTHID,

SQL SELECT *

FROM [\\Data Library\Sales\SECURITY.qvd]

(qvd);

Section Application;

InvHeader:

LOAD IHINVN as InvoiceNumber,

IHTYPP as DBCR,

IHINYY,

IHORNO,

Date(Floor(Date#(IHIDAT, 'YYYYMMDD'))) as MasterDate,

IHCUNO as Customer,

NACOMP,

CTNAME,

IHINVN as Loc

Upper(NACOMP&'|'&CTNAME&'|'& applymap ('InvDet',IHINVN,'nomatch')) as AuthID   

FROM [\\Data Library\Sales\SROISHB.qvd]

(qvd);

AuthBridgeTable:

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper(NACOMP&'|'&'<ANY>'&'|'&Loc) as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper(NACOMP&'|'&'<ANY>'&'|'&'<ANY>') as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper(NACOMP&'|'&CTNAME&'|'&'<ANY>') as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper('<ANY>'&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper('<ANY>'&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&'<ANY>') as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper('<ANY>'&'|'&'<ANY>'&'|'&Loc) as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Load Upper(NACOMP&'|'& CTNAME&'|'&Loc) as AuthID, Upper('<ANY>'&'|'&'<ANY>'&'|'&'<ANY>') as %AUTHID Resident InvHeader;

Thanks in advance,

Jim 

4 Replies
its_anandrjs

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the different examples, but how do i code file level security and object level security in the same document?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That depends on how selective you want to be with your granting access to specific sheets. In theory, you create a sheet access table in Section Application and connect it to the same filter %AuthID that controls Data Reduction.

The Data Reduction for rows seems to be put in place already. Select a mechnism to manage Sheet-(& optionally object-)level access from the examples and attach it to your link field.

jjking58
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Anand & Peter

I took both suggestions and came up with the following which is working fine.

The code I originally posted stayed intact, but I added an additional field (SCTAB) to the table (Security) under the Section Access and populated with either a 1 or 2 for each user.

I then added the following under the Section Application

TabAccess:
LOAD * INLINE [
SCTAB, SH02, SH04, SH05, SH06, SH07
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
2, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0
]
;

Finally I set a condition under Sheet Properties / General for each tab if (“Sheet ID=1,1,0)