Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security Publisher Group problem with star

hello,
i've to implement security on a application.
This application will be used by some salesmans
directors who will be allowed to see differents datas in relation to their right.
For example, a salesman will be abble to see only his data.( salesman='name_salesman)
A director should have access to all the salesman datas for each society.

To explain quickly my problem, i first expose you how i implement the security .

I've created three table :

Users :
Ntame ------------Acess-----Group_Salers---- Groupe_Society
domain/Pierre------ADMIN----- 1----------------------- 2
domain/Jean------User ----- 1----------------------- 1

The USER table contained the users information like the ntame, acess etc... 
and for each user the group_salermans and the group_society.
Every user belongs to a salesman and society group.

so, i ve created two others tables group_salesman and group_society wich are described under :

star is *;

GROUPE_salesman
GROUP_salesman---------- salesman
1-------------------- ---------------*
2-------------------- --------------Jean luc

GROUP_SOCIETY :

GROUP_SOCIETY ------SOCIETY
1----------------------- *
2----------------------- 1300
2----------------------- 1400

The two tables are linked by the fields society and salesman to the rest of data (others tables).

A user who belongs to the group_society 2 could view the information for the society 1300 or 1400 or the both.
The user who belongs to the group_society 1 should view all  the data from all the society.

The observation with my security code is that all work good except for the user's group 1 "*" .
In fact, the user's group one has the possibility to change the salesman and the society in all the values
but he can't choose "no salesman".
The user of The group 1 can't have a salesman selection equal to the value null.
It's a problem because some of my indicators are null when the field salesman is informed.
And so for my group 1, it 's impossible to see theses indicators,
i would to know if you have an idea to resolve this problem and keep the notion of group.

Thank for help.

1 Reply
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

HI,

The "*" sign might not work in GROUPE_salesman or GROUP_SOCIETY tables. Instead, you will need to add one line for each possible value of "salesman" and "society" respectively. You will need to change your expressions so when nothing is selected, then all values are selected, and that depends on your data model.

Hope that helps.

Miguel