Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Segregating nulls among registers

Hello everyone, I'm new to Qlickview and I'm trying to automate an excel spreadsheet via qlick, rather than a macro.

I am creating ifs to assign a value to the Customer field, depending on the conditions.

For example:

if [Customer_Code] = '5' or [Customer_Code] = '5B' or [Customer_Code] = '5XS' or [Customer_Code] = '6XS'

if ([Customer_Code] = '7' or [Customer_Code] = '7B', 'Customer B', ...............

if (IsNull (Customer_Code), 'NULL') as Customer

The question is: there are some NULLS, a variable amount, I wanted when the values were null, that I make a distribution as follows:

Of all NULLS, 2/3 is assigned to Client A, and the rest 1/3, 50% for Client B and 50% for Client C.

I need to do this because I use another column for financial control and this column is segregated by client.

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Table:

LOAD *,

If(Customer_Temp = 'NULL', Pick(Mod(AutoNumber(RowNo(), Customer_Temp), 6)+1, 'Customer C', 'Customer A', 'Customer A', 'Customer A', 'Customer A', 'Customer B'), Customer_Temp) as Customer;

LOAD [EXE RATEIO V_FORTE],

Lote,

Quantidade,

[Estq Esp],

Compr,

[Plan Centro Principal],

Customer_Code,

If([Customer_Code] = '5' or [Customer_Code] = '5B' or [Customer_Code] = '5XS' or [Customer_Code] = '6XS', 'Customer A',

If([Customer_Code] = '7' or [Customer_Code] = '7B', 'Customer B',

If([Customer_Code] = 'BC', 'Customer C', 'NULL'))) as Customer_Temp

FROM

[Line Items.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is [LINE ITEMS$]);

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is this possible?

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share some sample data with the expected output?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunny, sure!

As follows, my output needs to be the sum of a cost column, [EXE RATEIO V FORTE], displayed in the dynamic table.

The values for NULL in the column Customer should be split into the, Customer A, B and C registers, following the rule:

of all NULLS, 2/3 go for Customer A, and the 1/3 left split 50% for Customer B and 50% for Customer C.

And so I can map the whole cost.

Thanks in advance for your attention Sunny...

sunny_talwar

May be this

Table:

LOAD *,

If(Customer_Temp = 'NULL', Pick(Mod(AutoNumber(RowNo(), Customer_Temp), 6)+1, 'Customer C', 'Customer A', 'Customer A', 'Customer A', 'Customer A', 'Customer B'), Customer_Temp) as Customer;

LOAD [EXE RATEIO V_FORTE],

Lote,

Quantidade,

[Estq Esp],

Compr,

[Plan Centro Principal],

Customer_Code,

If([Customer_Code] = '5' or [Customer_Code] = '5B' or [Customer_Code] = '5XS' or [Customer_Code] = '6XS', 'Customer A',

If([Customer_Code] = '7' or [Customer_Code] = '7B', 'Customer B',

If([Customer_Code] = 'BC', 'Customer C', 'NULL'))) as Customer_Temp

FROM

[Line Items.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is [LINE ITEMS$]);

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's exactly it!

Thank you Sunny...