Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select Action "Not Like"

Hi all,

I want to create a select statement that excludes one data element. That data element has no numbers in it and I want to be able to select all records except for the one where ITMSNumber doesn't contain any numbers.

Can I use an expression like this in a select statement to achieve this end?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

='("' & Concat(DISTINCT{<ITMSNumber = {"=Len(Trim(KeepChar(ITMSNumber, '0123456789'))) > 0"}>} ITMSNumber, '"|"') & '")'

I removed the extra spaces between single quotes and double quotes

View solution in original post

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like this

LOAD *

FROM ...

Where Len(Trim(KeepChar(ITMSNumber, '0123456789'))) > 0;

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sunny. I want it to be an expression though, not part of the script.select action.PNG

sunny_talwar

May be like this:

=' (" ' & Concat(DISTINCT{<ITMSNumber = {"=Len(Trim(KeepChar(ITMSNumber, '0123456789'))) > 0"}>} ITMSNumber, ' "|" ') & ' ") '

Not applicable
Author

Still didn't work. You gave me something like this a little while ago which worked and I still use but this one is not working in a "select in field" action.

sunny_talwar

Did you put these as double quotes or 2 single quotes?

=' (" ' & Concat(DISTINCT{<ITMSNumber = {"=Len(Trim(KeepChar(ITMSNumber, '0123456789'))) > 0"}>} ITMSNumber, ' "|" ') & ' ") '

They should be double quotes

Not applicable
Author

I copy and pasted your line of code. It didn't work for me.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a screenshot of the list box for ITMSNumber field? Also can you create a text box object with this as your expression:

Not applicable
Author

(Image removed)

sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

='("' & Concat(DISTINCT{<ITMSNumber = {"=Len(Trim(KeepChar(ITMSNumber, '0123456789'))) > 0"}>} ITMSNumber, '"|"') & '")'

I removed the extra spaces between single quotes and double quotes