Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steasy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select Fields from List Box via associated ID

Hello there!

I'm currently working with alternate states to compare different groups of customers. Therefore I created a List Box to select multiple customers over their name. Now I want to create a button to select all customers of that List Box with an ID that starts with the number "1" for example. Is that an association that is accessable via the search string of the Button Action, despite it's not visible? Or should I try a different approach?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
steasy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sooo another Update again:

It was just a mistake from my side. But for documentation if anyone is doing the same:

If I filter for ID and just have a List Box with the names. It really selects the ID, but just does not highlight the name. I used a Multibox with Name and the ID that shows exactly that. In my chart in an expression I had an arithmetic operation and I also forgot to change the number of selected names to the number of selected IDs now, because that's what I'm selecting. So remind, that even if our visualizations etc. might work with a whole set of data and can choose from fields, we still have to be picky in planning to take account of potential future needs and details

View solution in original post

2 Replies
steasy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPDATE:

I am able to do a correct "Select in Field" search via the ID, but it is not selecting the name. The name is just highlighted in white.

steasy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sooo another Update again:

It was just a mistake from my side. But for documentation if anyone is doing the same:

If I filter for ID and just have a List Box with the names. It really selects the ID, but just does not highlight the name. I used a Multibox with Name and the ID that shows exactly that. In my chart in an expression I had an arithmetic operation and I also forgot to change the number of selected names to the number of selected IDs now, because that's what I'm selecting. So remind, that even if our visualizations etc. might work with a whole set of data and can choose from fields, we still have to be picky in planning to take account of potential future needs and details