Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III

Select / Unselect Columns on the fly in tables...

Hi There

I have below requirement.

Create 'x' in front of each column upon clicking on it , the column will be removed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I am not aware of the 'x' functionality that you are looking for, but I know you can use the approach mentioned here: Customizable Straight Table

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

I am not aware of the 'x' functionality that you are looking for, but I know you can use the approach mentioned here: Customizable Straight Table

ashishpalkar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Sunny, currently I am using the same method showed in the above discussion. But user want to see 'x' in front of each column.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

You are looking for an 'x' like in the upper right corner of a Windows window, to close a window?

AFAIK, that's not supported out of the box. IMHO, something like you are already using and suggested by Sunny is the recommended way to achieve what the user wants, being able to remove and add columns, right?

BTW, how does the user wants to add a column again after he has removed it?

I would suggest that you train the user about the way QlikView is designed to work.

If he insists and pay you a lot of money for the feature, you could try

- creating an extension that shows this specific feature

- fiddling around with some text objects 'x' as overlay on your chart, an action could be created to hide the columns conditionally. But since you are changing the chart layout each time you are removing a column, this will get really messy

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

QlikView is a powerful toolbox for performing data analysis, not really for progrmming user interfaces.