Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauravgg
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Select a date range in Qlikview?

Hi

I have the following expression

sum({<DocType={'A'}>}  Value1)*-1    +  sum({<DocType={'A'}>}  Value2)

I have Data from Jan 2013

I have Date field in my table

I have to show the above expression in KPI

I have given the user to select Month,Year,Quarter

What i want is

for example :- I the user selects Year=2016 and Quarter =Q1 and Month =Feb

So the value in KPI should show Value for the date range form 1 Jan 2013 to 28 Feb 2016

Note:- i do not have access to the data load editor

Thanks in advance

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You mean that you want want to aggregate data in a QuarterToDate timeline where ToDate is the last day of the selected month (or the most recent month if your calendar allows multiple selecitons)?

Let's assume that you have a calendar with a field CalendarDate, then you can try adding someting like this to your set expression (in both sum() calculations):

{ ... CalendarDate={'>=$(=QuarterStart(Max(CalendarDate)))<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(CalendarDate)))'}, ...}

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Two additions:

1) It seems you want to only filter the date range up to the selected month end (i.e. don't define the lower limit of the range). Hence just remove the lower limit from the numeric search.

2) If the user can make active selections in calendar fields, like Month, Year, Quarter, you need to ignore selections in these fields to avoid incompatible sets (if you are using set identifier $):

{$< CalendarDate={"<=$(=MonthEnd(Max(CalendarDate)))"}, Year=, Quarter=, Month=> }

See also

The Magic of Set Analysis - Point In Time Reporting • Blog • AfterSync