Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III

Select a value on the basis of SystemDate

I have three columns as shown below:

Each Release Filter has Release Titles and each Release Title has a user-entered SystemDate (not computer's system date) as shown in pivot chart

My requirement is that when the app is opened, then whatever is the date today, the corresponding Release Filter should be selected by default.

For example, when the app is opened on 2017-05-05, PI10 2017.04 should be selected.

when it is opened on 2017-05-15, PI11 2017.08 should be selected by default.

For Release Filter, I have created a trigger to make the selection on document open and I have used the following expression:

=only({<[Release Filter]={"$(=subfield(concat([Release Filter], '|'), '|', 1))"},[System Date]={"$(=vToday)"}>}[Release Filter])

(vToday=Date(Today(),'YYYY-MM-DD')

But no Release Filter is getting selected. Is this expression correct?

When the Release Filter selection is made for today, then I have to show the following things:

These would also follow the same logic i.e. all three values should be shown for the date when app is opened.

For Example, on 2017-05-05, Current Release Title would be May 2017 Major, Release Title Start Date would be 2017-02-04 and Release Title End Date would be 2017-05-05

On 2017-05-15, Current Release Title would be Aug 2017 Major, Release Title Start Date would be 2017-05-06 and Release Title End Date would be 2017-08-04

For Release Title, I have used the following expression:

=only({<[Release Filter]={"$(=subfield(concat([Release Filter], '|'), '|', 1))"},[System Date]={"$(=vToday)"}>}[Release Title])

This expression is working fine. When I make any Release Filter selection, then the corresponding Release Title gets selected (on the basis of SystemDate). But the trigger to select the Release Filter by default is not working.

I can use the same logic to show the start and end dates but first, the selection of Release Filter should be made.

I hope I have made my requirement clear.

Thanks,

YASH

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Only({<[System Date]={"$(=vToday)"}>}[Release Filter])

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

=Only({<[System Date]={"$(=vToday)"}>}[Release Filter])

yashcena
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Sunny...that worked!