Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Select certain year in the list box by using variable

Hi all,

I have this list box where I store data about years:

year

2015/6

2014/5

2013/2

2012/1

I would like the year 2014/5 to be pre-selected for users when they open the application. I have been trying this with some variables, but unfortunately not very successfully.

Do you have any advice how to do this?

Thank you for your advice in advance!

8 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Hi

try to use a trigger at the document level (Settings --> Document Properties --> Triggers) on the OnOpen event and add a Select in Field Action on Year field (search string 2014/5)

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tereza

Do test this early in WebView / AccessPoint Ajax mode as I fear they do not support OnOpen Triggers, even though they work perfectly in the standard Qv Desktop.

Best Regards,     Bill

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Go to any sheet and right click

Properties

Triggers

OnActiveSheet

AddAction

Add

Selection

Select in Field

Field = Year

SearchString = 2014/5

terezagr
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks for the advice guys, but it does not work for me. Also at the moment I want the year 2014/5 be pre-selected, but in some point in the future I would like 2015/16 selected etc. So with the roll-over to another year the SearchString would have to be changed, which in my opinion is not the best practice.

I am thinking about having a variable set in my load script, where max(year)-365. Any thoughts on this approach?

Cheers T.

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi TerezaGr,

I'm not sure if this is helpful in your case but I use a document trigger to select a date range.

Settings --> Document Properties --> Triggers --> Document Event triggers --> OnOpen --> Add --> Select in Field...

Field: Date

Search String: ='>=' & weekstart(today(0)) & '<=' & weekend(today(0)+200)

Perhaps it is helpful and you can use it in your scenario.

It works in QV Desktop and Ajax (QV AccessPoint).as well.

Best Regards and I hope its helpful,

Peter

maxgro
MVP
MVP

Thanks for info Bill, I tested it and in Ajax OnOpen doesn't work.

Not applicable

Hi evrybody

to use a variable, it is not SELECT in field  but "External", "set variable"

best regards

Chris

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Chris,

in general you are right.

I don't know exactly what T. wants to do, but perhaps it is not neccessary to use a variable. Or the variable can be set during script run and than used in the search expression of the trigger event.

By the way, I didn't saw that