Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Select from excel

New approach try to understand pieces of qlikview way fo working  so:

Directory;

LOAD [Tip mişcare],

Material,

Lot,

Comandă

FROM

[TOT NECESAR.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Foaie1);

ODBC CONNECT TO [Excel Files;DBQ=C:\Users\simion.alexandru\Desktop\Project\export segmentant\TOT NECESAR.xlsx];

SQL SELECT *

FROM `C:\Users\simion.alexandru\Desktop\Project\export segmentant\TOT NECESAR.xlsx`.`Foaie1$`;

Create Tablenew(

[Tip mişcare] int(3),

Material nt(15),

Lot int(15),

Comandă int(15))

Where Lot=x  and [Tip mişcare]=101

Insert Into Tablenew 

SELECT *

FROM `C:\Users\simion.alexandru\Desktop\Project\export segmentant\TOT NECESAR.xlsx`.`Foaie1$`;

Where Lot=x  and [Tip mişcare]=101

Till here i hope i loaded the table and its a database table now and cna execute sql .

Normaly i write Where Lot=x and Tip miscare=y but where is not lighting up so that not good and will not work but how to make it work

I want to load data and make where lot=x and [Tip miscare]=101  (not sure why it take [] for tip miscare also ? anyway what to do like i didn t write how i shoudl  so where works?i didn t put the where in the right position?I shound use ODBC CONNECT TO... ( i used in the hope i could start using normal sql writing code that i know  but it doesn t do that i see ...

So pleace baby steps as i still can cracked how the rules of writing script code are ,pls put code if possible to understand better so i can relate to how it is with how it would be in sql  so i can uderstand better.

After i do the select i want the result to be stored and to be used for another where ?I tried in another post to ask with what i figured  with INTLINE and other stuff but the asnwers help a little at first and after had more question as code still not working so tryign this approach .

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks again now  trying to find ways to write the 3 where clause with  loop and other way .

I see a match function  and the loop

Not applicable
Author

Also wanted to ask  how can this be done from click using object search as I heard its very much possible  and a lot faster then learning code difference from SQL oracle and writing in script .

Appreciated any input as one  said this is double in 30 min  from interface of qlik mostly clicks for somebody that now the interface pretty well and have experience working with it.

Not applicable
Author

As I shared with you earlier, either we can make script changes to get final result or we can make user make selections to populate result.

For the second case, we need to still define a data model in the script, to which user will play with at Front end.

Suppose for your 1st filter:

We can add listboxes of Lot and [Tip miscare] fields(listboxes have search facility as well)

now, when user selects 0000078184 and 101 from listboxes, the charts and tables created will automatically reflect that as filters.

But for this we need to a well connected data model behind.

Thanks,

Singh