Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Select in field Action and always one selected value

Hi ,

Need suggestion on the below scenario.

I have enabled the check box always one selected value in the list box. Also i am trying to use the select in Field option on Opening/Activation of the sheet to get a default selection based on certain condition. Since the Always one selected value is enabled the Select in Field option is not Working. If i remove the always selected one value then the Select in Field action on the activation of the sheet is working fine. Also another issue is even the select in field is working the value is getting selected properly but the associated values are not getting selected.

Actual requirement is user should not be able to select more than one value in the listbox. Also if the user searches for the exsisting data the always selected value should get changed accordingly to the search criteria of the user with the assocaitive selections.

For e.x user searches a product with name A , it will be stored in variable and passed to select in variable action on Activation of sheet ansd should dispplay the related values like price of product,discount of product ,product availabity, warranty details etc in the new sheet.Also it should allow the user to do select the alternative selection overriding the associatves with always one selected value ,suppose the product price is $500 he might select $100 to do a kind of what if analysis.

7 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

It seems to be working for me. Is the attached what you had in mind? You can easily modify the selection criteria to use conditional functions, etc.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for your response and example.It was very helpful. I was using the variable as the dynamic value and working fine. The assocaite vlaues checkbox are not getting selected. I have reattached your example with additional column qunatity. Display behaving the same way for checkbox style and defualt option presentation for the associated values. May we can post this as an idea .Not sure how many would like to have check box enabled for the associative values.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, it's not getting selected, but you'll notice that Quantity '2' is greyed out because it's not associated. If you want, you can check the "Hide Excluded" checkbox in Quantity to prevent users from even seeing the other options. Alternatively, you can add a "Lock Field" trigger on Product after the select trigger to prevent users from selecting anything not related to the Product selected. Either way will work.

-Vlad

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response Vlad .Agreed but "Hide excluded" is not actually hiding it is in grey color the excluded values and it will show a view of list for all the values so much free space. Since if you see the default presentation it is working fine. Expecting the same for the checkbox also.Since if the list has 30 values and only one value is there then just imagine how the look and feel of listbox if Hide excluded is choosen or not choosen with grey value .

It is more of presentation issue. But sometimes it will be very handy if the checkbox is enabled and working fine as like the default presentation mode.

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Agreed, although that can be somewhat controlled by making sure you sort by State Ascending. Otherwise, you can add the lock trigger in that case. Also add a current selection box with "Lock/Unlock" option enabled. That way a user can manually unlock the product field if they choose. Locking would just ensure that they don't accidentally select away from the selected Product.

Not applicable

hi,

since i am using personal edition i am not able to see the code. can you please paste the code.

thanks,

sase

panosalexand
Creator
Creator

Hi,

You can use the following in the the layout condition

GetSelectedCount(yourfield)=1

Thanks