Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Select linked value from another field

Dears

Im using a input box to select multiple item no. in teh app.

I set a variabel vSearchItem and set variabel trigger action to trim the Item no.

='(' & Replace(Replace(Replace(Trim('$(vSearchItem)'), '  ', '|'),' ', '|'), chr(10), '|') & ')'

This works nicely

Now i would go one step further and selecte values from another field. In this case i would like to get selected the %Subassambly instead of the %Item field values.

dim_tabel is

%Item, %Subassembly

Item1, Sub1

Item2, Sub1

Item3, Sub2

Item4, Sub3

the logic should be, if somebody will paste Item1 and Item3 in the input box, the selection should be Sub1 and Sub2.

thansk for help  

Rgs

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

i added 2 more actions in the variable event trigger. see attached

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample where you might be playing around with this?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure

Value for copy past into inputbox

Item1

Item3

Should select

Sub1

Sub2

from field %SubItem

sunny_talwar

Check the attached

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

i added 2 more actions in the variable event trigger. see attached

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

it works by your solution

Even hard to understand for me what you have done on that button

The select possible event trigger is easier for me, to handle the dataimport

Many thansk for your support

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cool

Jep, thats exactly the solution which im looking for, can also easely use multiple selctions of fields, so even better

Many tanks

sunny_talwar

The reason I provided the complicated expression was because that you only wanted to trigger on %SubItem and leave %Item as is (without selecting it). If both needs to be selected, then what Sethu proposed is def. a better solution.

If you don't mind me asking, can I ask you the reason for selecting both %Item and %SubItem? I am just trying to understand the benefit of doing this since indirectly you have already filtered out on to only those %SubItems which are possible based on your selection in %Item.

Best,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Your toughts about my needs are completely correct, just subitem should be selected and not the item

I have just added clear field as action to get the result

Cheers Rob

sunny_talwar

For me adding 1 single trigger might be more efficient, easy to maintain and less confusing for the users. But that is just my thought, whatever works better for you is the best

Thanks for sharing more information.

Best,

Sunny